Updated April 29, 2019
Quake Studio’s Commitment to Privacy
At Quake Studio, we are committed to respecting the privacy of our Website visitors. For that reason we have taken, and will continue to take, measures to help protect the privacy of personal information held by us.
1. When we collect personal information
(a) Automatic collection
We may receive certain information automatically when you interact with our Website, emails and/or online advertising. This may include information such as the type of Internet browser or computer operating system you are using, your IP address, and the domain name of the website you just left.
(b) Information you provide to us
When you interact with Quake Studio, you may provide us with personal information including the following:
- Contact information (e.g. name, address, email, telephone number) that we may use to respond to your inquiry, and to manage your request if applicable;
(c) Social Media
We may offer you the opportunity to engage with us through third-party social networking websites, plug-ins and applications. Through these platforms, you may allow us to access information associated with your social media account. We may use this information to confirm your identity and to personalize your experience on our Website.
2. How we use personal information
As part of our business operations, we collect and use certain personal information about our members, including contact information such as name, email address and telephone number, in order to process your requests, and to understand your needs so that we can serve you better. We may us demographic and profile data, combined with other publicly available information, to tailor online content according to your preferences. In addition, we may use your personal information for the following purposes:
- Facilitate participation in certain promotions and programs;
- Inform you about new products and services;
- To respond to your inquiries; and
- To help identify you when you visit the Website, to gather demographic information about users of our Website, and to improve our online offerings and Website administration.
3. When we share personal information
From time to time we may engage unaffiliated third parties to perform certain services or provide promotional services to our subscribers. In these circumstances, the personal information that the third party receives is limited to only the information held by us that they need in order to render their services to us and/or to facilitate your participation.
In addition, will disclose personal information:
- If a law, regulation, search warrant, subpoena or court order legally authorizes us or requires us to do so;
- As necessary to our service providers that help us with our business operations;
- If necessary to protect the safety or security of users of the Website, to detect and prevent fraud or abusive behaviour, or when otherwise required or permitted by law to protect our rights and those of our subscribers;
- In the event that we sell, transfer or otherwise dispose of the business to an affiliate, successor, assign or other third party entity; or
- With your consent.
Except as set out above, we do not sell, rent, share or disclose the personal information we hold or make our subscriber list available to others without your consent. Our contractors and third party service providers are contractually obligated to maintain privacy policies that are no less stringent than our own.
4. How long do we hold personal information?
Personal information is retained only for so long as is necessary for the purpose set out above. When no longer required, we will destroy, erase or de-personalize the information. Legal requirements may necessitate our retaining some or all of the personal information we hold for a period of time that is longer than we might otherwise hold it.
To ensure that the personal information you provided is accurate, complete and up to date, we urge you to provide us with updates regarding such information and to inform us of any errors affecting the personal information that we hold.
6. Security Measures
We maintain technological, organizational and physical safeguards in an effort to protect the personal information held by us from unauthorized use, access, disclosure, distribution, loss or alteration. Access to personal information will be restricted to our authorized personnel who require the information in order to perform their duties properly. In addition, access will be limited to only that information that is strictly necessary for the performance of those duties. The same limitations are imposed upon our third party service providers.
7. Accessing personal information
Our subscribers are entitled to access the personal information held by us concerning them. You can access your personal information by making a written request to us. We will generally respond to your request for information within thirty days, unless, for reasons beyond our control, a longer response time is necessary, in which case, you will be advised accordingly.
8. Inquiries or Complaints
9. Quake Studio emails
If you have subscribed to our email mailing list, you will receive email communications from us with news and updates from Quake Studio. If you wish to opt out of receiving future emails from us, you may do so by contacting us or using the unsubscribe link available in any of the email communications. Please allow us up to ten business days for us to process your request. Note that if you unsubscribe from certain of our emails, we may still contact you by email about specific inquiries, or as otherwise permitted by law.
10. Third Party Links
11. Modifications to this policy